Wanted Fashionistas!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

CAKE PUSH-UP

Besides being obsessed with my nails.....haha!  I love making little treats for my kids birthday parties.  Every year I make something special for the kids and the parents to leave with as a "Thank You" for coming.  I've done special cookies and cupcakes. Last year I was obsessed with making cake pops.  This year I decided to make cake push-ups.

Do you remember the Flintstone orange sherbet push-ups?  Well now you can make them with cake.  It's the latest thing.  You can buy the push-up container at any cake supply site or go straight to Amazon.  They are very affordable ($11.95 for a dozen). These are honestly super easy to make.  You can make just about any kind of combination of cake, frosting, whip cream, fruit, candy....I could go on.

Tonight I decided to do strawberry shortcake push-ups.  I baked a pound cake and then cut them into circles (I used part of the push-up container to make the circles).  I cut fresh strawberries and then sprinkled a half tablespoon of sugar on them and mixed it and set it overnight in the refrigerator.  I used whipped cream from the can for convenience.

The next thing I did was assemble the push-up container. Then I placed 1 cake round at the bottom, a layer of whipped cream, a layer of strawberries.  I then repeated the process one more time and topped it off with some whipped cream.


Check out my video to see just how easy it was. http://youtu.be/c7O-PFK3TwY
Strawberry Shortcake Push-Up
Strawberry Shortcake Push-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment